Cracked Magazine #1-20 Complete Run of First 20 Issues 1958-1961
The photographs in this listing are of the actual items being sold.
Complete run of Cracked Magazine from #1 through #20.
Founded in 1958, Cracked proved to be the most durable of the many publications to be launched in the wake of Mad magazine. In print, Cracked conspicuously copied Mad's layouts and style, and even featured a simpleminded, wide-cheeked mascot named Sylvester P. Smythe on its covers (like Alfred E. Neuman). The Smythe character was referred to as Cracked's janitor. Unlike Neuman, who appears primarily on covers, Smythe sometimes spoke and was frequently seen inside the magazine, interacting with parody subjects and other regular characters. An article on Cracked.com, the website which adopted Cracked's name after the magazine perished, joked that the magazine was "created as a knock-off of Mad magazine just over 50 years ago", and it "spent nearly half a century with a fan base primarily comprised of people who got to the store after Mad sold out."
Offered here are the first 20 issues of Cracked, featuring artwork by a monumental host of golden age comic artists including Al Williamson, John Severin, Russ Heath, Bill Everett, Paul Reinman, Ed Winniarski, Joe Maneely, Carl Burgos, J. Kiernan, Don Orehek, Bill McCartney, Syd Shores, Bernard Bailey, Jack Davis, Bill Elder, Al Jaffee, Jerry Behar, Richard Doxee, Angelo Torres, Dick Richards, and others!
Individual issues and grades:
Cracked #1 Fr/G 1.5 - cover is loose from comic and has a chunk cut out of the back cover (there was coupon inside the back cover which has been cut out).
Cracked #2 VG- subscription crease down in middle of magazine
Cracked #3 VG- subscription crease down in middle of magazine
Cracked #4 VG- subscription crease down in middle of magazine
Cracked #5 G/VG subscription crease/bending, some edge wear
Cracked #6 G/VG subscription crease and some bending/folding
Cracked #7 VG- subscription crease down in middle of magazine
Cracked #8 VG/F
Cracked #9 VG- subscription crease down in middle of magazine
Cracked #10 Fr/G 1.5 nice but covers are loose and completely split at spine, Interior is nice.
Cracked #11 G/VG subscription crease and some bending/folding
Cracked #12 VG light subscription crease down in middle of magazine
Cracked #13 VG/F
Cracked #14 VG- small piece off bottom corner of front cover
Cracked #15 VG-
Cracked #16 G/VG two creases down middle of magazine
Cracked #17 VG+
Cracked #18 VG
Cracked #19 VG-
Cracked #20 VG light subscription crease down in middle of magazine
A few things to remember:
• CONDITION MATTERS! We grade strictly. See item title for grade assigned. If there are any issues not visible in the images provided, or not expected for the grade assigned, they will be called out here in the description. We know our customers range from those who only want pristine copies to those who just want cheap reading enjoyment. We sell as many lower grade comics as we do high grade. We love this stuff in all conditions but we do our best to let you know which is which.
• We are customers too: We buy 1000s of comics books and graphic novels every month, many from other eBay sellers, and about 95% of the time we find we are stricter graders than almost all other sellers out there. Often, their VF comics are our VG/F's or Fines.
• Don't just take our word for it: We have been selling online for over 20 years and, at the time this posting was made, we still have a 100% positive feedback rating with over 40,000 happy feedbacks provided between the various sites on which we sell. We try our best to never break this incredible streak!
• Buy with confidence: As always, satisfaction is guaranteed with return for full refund option available if unhappy for any reason.
FREE COMBINED SHIPPING. Pay only one $5.99 shipping charge no matter how many items you buy (US orders only). Add as many additional items as you want from our store for no additional shipping cost.
• WE OFFER COMBINED SHIPPING: For all US orders, PAY ONLY $5.99 FOR SHIPPING FOR ANY QUANTITY OF ITEMS!!! You can buy 2 items from us or 2000 - you'll only pay the one maximum shipping rate of $5.99 no matter how many graphic novels, books, comics you buy - anything in our store. This shipping discount should be applied during checkout automatically. If it isn't just select the "request total" option during checkout and we'll fix it. Please inquire about expedited shipping rates and international rates on single or combined items.
• Secure Shipping: With the amount of graphic novels, comic books, and other items we buy through the mail ourselves, we KNOW how to pack and ship these wonderful items to make it as hard as possible for the post office to damage them. For comics, graphic novels, magazine and collectible items we never use flimsy bubble wrap envelopes. These items are shipped in sturdy cardboard boxes with appropriate packaging material inside to keep them safe.Trust us, we know. We can't count the times we've gotten great books and comics with blunted and damaged edges due to insufficient packaging. In fact you can find many of those items in our eBay store at discounted prices.
More questions? Just reach out and ask.
THANKS AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU!
_gsrx_vers_1292 (GS 8.3.6 (1292))