Comic Blessing agrees to purchase items from customers (defined below as “Sellers”) according to the following conditions. By clicking “Checkout,” the Seller acknowledges and agrees to these policies and procedures.
Buyback: a book or books sold from a customer to Comic Blessing.
Buyback Quote: the current posted buyback price at the time a customer completes a buyback transaction.
ISBN: acronym for International Standard Book Number, an ISBN is a 10- or 13-digit number that uniquely identifies a specific edition of a book.
Resalable: a book’s ability to be resold, in that it meets the standards Comic Blessing applies to its used inventory.
Seller: a customer who creates a buyback order and sells books to Comic Blessing.
Volume Seller: a seller who agrees to modified terms, including the inability to use promotional coupons, in order to raise normal maximum order value limits.
Book Buyback Quotes
When a Seller sells a book(s) to Comic Blessing, he or she will receive a quote determined according to Comic Blessing’s inventory levels and current market value. Comic Blessing will pay the Seller this amount if the following conditions are met:
- Comic Blessing receives and the book(s) within 14 days of the creation of the buyback quote. During the 14-day period, Comic Blessing will protect the Seller’s original quoted price even if the value of the buyback quote as posted on Comic Blessing’s site decreases. In the event a book(s) arrives after the 14-day period, the Seller will be paid according to the buyback quote posted on the site at the time the order is processed. Sellers are strongly encouraged to ship their orders within 3 days of placing an order to ensure the book arrives in time.
- Comic Blessing receives the items as described in the original order. Comic Blessing recommends its Sellers take extra care when inputting buyback order information, as many graphic Novels have multiple editions, including international editions and instructor’s editions, which may have radically different buyback quotes.
- The book arrives in “Good” or better condition. See “Book Condition and Related Factors” below for more information on determining a book’s condition.
If any of these conditions are not met, Comic Blessing reserves the right to adjust Seller payment accordingly. The quoted price is non-negotiable. We will not increase the amount of the quote should the buyback value increase.
Rejected books will be destroyed, not returned, and no payment issued under any circumstance.
We do not price match with other competitors. Prices listed on the Comic Blessing website are non-negotiable.
Transfer of Ownership
Upon receipt of a shipped package into Comic Blessing’s warehouse, ownership of the contents of the shipment transfer completely and wholly to Comic Blessing. Comic Blessing reserves the sole right to determine the value and condition of any included items according to its own standards and policies. Comic Blessing also reserves the right to destroy, resell, recycle, or donate any item arriving in a buyback shipment.
The Seller is not able to cancel an order after ownership has transferred to Comic Blessing.
Minimum and Maximum Order Size
Comic Blessing will only process buyback orders with a total value of $10.00 USD or greater.
Sellers using our website may not generate more than $2,000 in buyback revenue within a 30-day period. This limit may be increased by applying for “volume seller” status. In order to become a volume seller, the following criteria must be met:
- Account must have been active for a minimum of 90 days.
- Seller must establish history of recently and regularly submitted buyback orders.
- Seller must not hold multiple accounts.
If approved for a limit increase, volume sellers are not permitted to apply promotional coupons to their buyback orders.
Book Condition and Related Factors
Comic Blessing purchases a large variety of publications, including but not limited to comic books, graphic novels, trade paperbacks, textbooks, laboratory manuals, study guides, student solutions manuals, and working papers.
Upon receipt, Comic Blessing employees will evaluate a book and determine its value according to the following categories. These categories subsequently determine the amount paid to the Seller.
Good condition includes books with minor to no signs of wear and tear. This includes staining, discoloration, writing, highlighting, markings, tears, and other general damage from use. All pages must be included and all text legible. Comic Blessing pays the same amount for used and unused books in good or better condition. Good condition books contain no water damage or staining. Workbooks can not contain any writing. Good condition books also do not have damage to the binding – no pages are falling out
Good Condition Checklist:
● No rips, tears, stains, or odors.
● No writing or highlighting.
● No pages falling out or coming loose and no broken spines/bindings.
● Mass market paperbacks should be inspected carefully due to their cheaper construction.
● No book club editions.
● No ex-library books.
● No advance reader copies (ARCs), uncorrected proofs (UPs), or books marked "not for resale."
● All hardcovers originally sold with a dust jacket must include the dust jacket.
● Books that come with accompanying media (such as a CD) must include the media.
● No labels or stickers.
Poor condition includes books with over 20% of the pages with markings (writing, highlighting, marginalia, etc); binding damage, cover damage, missing pages or illegible text; torn pages; odor; water damage or staining of any kind to the pages or covers.
Good condition books that arrive within 14 days of the creation of the buyback order will be purchased at the full amount quoted in the order.
Poor condition books will not be accepted and no payment will be issued.
In the event that Comic Blessing receives a book which is not listed on its website, that book will not be accepted and no payment will be issued.
Items not accepted will only be shipped back to the Seller at the Seller's expense. Items not accepted will be held for 30 days; after that time, these items will be recycled or donated at our discretion.
Comic Blessing identifies and prices books according to their unique ISBNs. Different editions of books, such as international editions or instructor’s editions, may receive significantly different quotes or have zero value. It is the Seller’s responsibility to identify the correct ISBN during the selling procedure. In the event that the Seller misidentifies the edition of a book while creating an order, Comic Blessing will send a payment, according to its policies and the current buyback quote, for the edition received, not the edition listed when the order was created.
Only send the book for which a quote was provided.
Book Shipping Procedure
Upon completion of a buyback quote, Comic Blessing will provide a free, printable shipping label to the Seller in PDF format. To send the order, the Seller must print the label, package the book(s) into a durable shipping box, seal the box, and attach the provided label.
The Seller must then bring the package to the nearest USPS facility corresponding to the type of label on the box. Sellers should not place packages in an Priority Mail packaging as this will result in additional mailing fees being deducted from your order.
Comic Blessing is not responsible for any loss, damage, lateness, or mishandling that may occur while an item is in transit. If you are concerned that your shipment might be missing, late, or damaged, please contact the USPS.
While not required, Comic Blessing recommends the following:
- Include your order packing slip in the box. This increases the likelihood of the USPS finding your item should your order become damaged or lost while in transit. If a book(s) arrive at the Comic Blessing warehouse and we are unable to determine ownership they will be recycled.
- Purchase optional insurance through Comic Blessing or the USPS. As Comic Blessing cannot reimburse lost, delayed, or damaged orders.
- Ship within 3 days of placing the order. Quotes are secure for 14 days following the placement of an order. To ensure a package arrives within that 14-day time frame, Sellers are strongly encouraged to mail as quickly as possible upon creating an order.
Comic Blessing issues payment according to the contents of a shipment, not the contents of the onsite buyback quote. Therefore, no payment will be issued for books that are included in the quote but not received. Likewise, books received in a shipment that were not in the original quote will be paid for according to the current quote price at the time Comic Blessing processes the order. See section “Book Sent in Error” below for further information on discrepancies between the shipment and the order.
Book Orders Outside the US
The buyback labels Comic Blessing provides can only be used for shipping within the United States. Comic Blessing does accept packages sent form outside the United States, but these must be shipped at the Seller’s expense. Comic Blessing will neither pay for nor reimburse these shipping expenses.
Books Sent in Error
Comic Blessing is not responsible nor liable for any items received that were not included in the original order.
Payment times may vary depending on numerous factors.
- Transit. USPS Media Mail typically takes 4-10 business days to reach our warehouse.
- Processing. After delivery at our docks, it normally takes 3-5 business days to process orders. Until an order is processed it will still say the status is “placed”.
- Payment. Payment is typically issued within 1-5 business days after processing is complete.
Sellers may choose between two different payment methods: PayPal or check. Payment by PayPal is issued within 1-5 business days after processing is complete. Payment by check is sent via USPS First Class mail, which typically takes 3-7 business days to reach any destination in the United States; however, as we do not control the USPS delivery times can be longer.
Issued checks remain valid for 60 days. In the event of a lost, forgotten, or otherwise uncashed check, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a new check. If you would not like to wait 60 days we offer a $30 early cancellation and re-issue option which can be arranged by contacting us.
Sellers may only use ONE account. Creating multiple accounts circumvents our site’s thresholds and policies. A Seller who is found to be in possession of multiple accounts may be subject to payment delays, account suspension, or account termination.
Sellers who wish to remove our order size limits to become volume sellers should refer to the section “Minimum and Maximum Order Size” above.
Sellers creating accounts or importing inventory from outside the U.S. and Canada may be subject to additional review, payment delays, or forfeiture of shipments.
Counterfeit, Pirated, or Illegally Obtained Books
Comic Blessing reserves the right to inquire how items were originally acquired. While under investigation, payment may be delayed or withheld.
Any items submitted to Comic Blessing that are determined to be counterfeit, or illegally obtained or printed will be surrendered to the proper authorities (publishers and/or law enforcement) or immediately destroyed with no payment. Furthermore, the seller information will be released to the publisher and/or law enforcement as needed.